Location: Albuquerque, NM or Denver, CO // Department: Core Infrastructure Engineering
Reports to: Director – Core Infrastructure Engineering // Salary: Negotiable – Depending on Experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
ANM is seeking a motivated quick learner to join our fast growing engineering focused firm to assist in building long-term, customer focused relationships and providing superior customer service and engineering excellence. We believe in delivering integrated solutions that support customers’ business objectives through highly skilled technical resources that work closely with our customers to provide day-to-day support as a result of the successful design and implementation of innovative solutions.
Network Engineer’s primary responsibility is to work with ANM customers in design and implementation of networking solutions. This position requires a blend of technical competence and customer service skills to successfully run a Professional Services engagement from discovery to project closure. The Network Engineer leverages ANM’s Technical Leads, Project Management Office, and industry leading technologies to implement optimal solutions, and deliver value to our customers.
What will you do as a Network Engineer:
- Acts as a technical implementation resource for an assigned project and work closely with the technical lead to complete project tasks.
- Generates and implements network configurations, follows the project test plan and completes project documentation for the assigned networking projects.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of networking problems.
- Provides first/second level technical support for routing technologies to ANM customers.
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of low to moderate complexity.
- Effectively utilizes moderate lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Uses knowledge of technology, products and services to build enterprise networking solutions.
- Invests time in continued education to learn new networking and security technologies.
Who are we looking for:
- CCNA-R&S is a must, CCNP-R&S is highly desired, or a combo of certifications and work experience.
- Routing/Switching – Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills with Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Information Security with hands-on experience of Cisco firewalls is desirable.
- Cisco networking industry experience and knowledge of products and protocols.
- Knowledge of use of Wireshark or similar network capture tools and their use to diagnose IP related issues.
- Good verbal communication skills, strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Travel is required for this position. Some projects may require out-of-the-area and overnight travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance.