Senior Security Engineer
Location: Albuquerque, NM // Department: Information Security
Reports to: Director of Information Security // Salary: Negotiable – Depending on Experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
ANM is seeking a motivated quick learner to join our fast-growing engineering focused firm to assist in building long-term, customer focused relationships and providing superior customer service and engineering excellence. We believe in delivering integrated solutions that support our customers’ business objectives through highly skilled technical resources that work closely with our customers to provide day-to-day support as a result of the successful design and implementation of innovative solutions.
A Senior Security Engineer’s primary responsibility is to work with ANM customers in the design and implementation of security solutions. The role requires an advanced understanding of Information Security principles with the ability to identify and implement technical and non-technical security solutions. This position requires a blend of technical competence and customer service skills to successfully run a Professional Services engagement from discovery to project closure. The Senior Security Engineer leverages ANM’s Technical Leads, Project Management Office, and industry leading technologies to implement optimal solutions, and deliver value to our customers.
What will you do as a Senior Security Engineer:
- Acts as a technical implementation resource for an assigned project and work closely with the technical lead to complete project tasks.
- Understands the current threat landscape and applies effective solutions that enable customers to protect their environment, detect events, and respond accordingly.
- Generates and implements security designs and configurations, follows the project test plan and completes project documentation for the assigned networking projects.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of network security problems.
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network security problems of low to moderate complexity.
- Effectively utilizes moderate lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Uses knowledge of technology, products, processes, and services to build enterprise security solutions.
- Invests time in continued education to learn new networking and security technologies.
Who are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- CCNP-S is a must, CCIE-S and or CISSP is highly desired, or a combo of certifications and work experience.
- Advanced understanding of Information Security principles with the ability to effectively work with customers to identify and implement security solutions that reduce risk in their operating environment
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting Cisco firewall and Rapid Threat Containment solutions.
- Experience with Cisco security technologies, including: Umbrella, AMP, ISE, ESA/WSA and Cloudlock is highly desired
- Networking industry experience and knowledge of security products and protocols.
- Able to utilize Wireshark or similar network capture tools to diagnose IP and security related issues.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Travel is required for this position. Some projects may require out-of-the-area and overnight travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance.